UWONET is searching for a Finance and Administration Manager to manage the finance and administration department. Please find below the details of the vacancy
Deadline – 12th October 2015
Job title: 1 Finance and Administration Manager
Country: Uganda – Duty station – Kampala.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the position will perform the following functions:
- Budget and cash flow monitoring and financial management of resources and funds
- Conduct audits and liaising with external auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Prepare financial reports, statements and balance sheets
- Initiate and implement policies and guidelines regarding to financial management and control
- Prepare financial budgets and projections
- Provide and interpret financial information
- Develop financial management mechanisms and guidelines that minimizes financial risks
- Manage organization’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Supervising and overseeing staff under the department of administration and management.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations.
- Fundraising and resource mobilization.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Education: A minimum of a Master’s in either Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, or related discipline. Full membership of an accounting professional body such as ACCA, CPA or CIA.
Skills and competencies
• Computer literacy is a must with strong knowledge of OUTLOOK, EXCEL and pastel accounting package.
• Strong team building skills
• Experience in financial planning and management.
- No less than 10 years job experience in a related field, preferably in the Development/ NGO sector.
- Must have experience in managing sub granting.
This is a senior management position and the successful candidate must therefore be able to work under minimum supervision and will be expected to start work by 1st December 2015.
Application and CV including three references with contact details and copies of academic and professional testimonials should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Hand delivered to the address below and addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Women’s Network
Plot 710, Bbuye Kigoowa, Mirembe Close, Ntinda
P. O. Box 27991,
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.