The UWONET Young Leaders’ internship programme provides successful candidates with the opportunity to experience a unique organisation dedicated to Gender Transformation and Empowerment.
UWONET specifically seeks four graduates aged 20-30 years to join the 2013 Internship Programme. This is an annual programme lasting for a period of 9 months. This Programme is innovative and exciting thus providing opportunities for mentoring, learning and networking. UWONET welcomes new perspectives on its work and our interns will come from many different backgrounds and disciplines – from recent graduates to people who have on the ground experience and may not have considered this type of work before. We’re looking for hard-working, open-minded and collaborative people who want to change our country.
Its objective is to develop and enhance skills of young professionals in leadership, lobbying and advocacy, programme management, report writing and analysis, research and documentation, information management, website maintenance and resource center management, among others. The programme also intends to provide the young professionals with the opportunity to gain hands on experiences in working within a women’s organisation with the aim of empowering and preparing the young professionals to support the women’s movement. At the end of the internship programme, each intern is expected to produce a research report on an area of their choice but related to the work that UWONET does, based on their experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support and assist in day to day running of programmes
- Daily indexing of SGBV cases in the printing media
- Attending meetings and conferences on behalf of the organisation
- Proposal and concept note writing
- Writing and analysis of field and project reports.
- Support the management of the UWONET Resource center
Experience, skills & competencies
No experience is required for this position.
- Candidates must at least have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, Mass Communication, Education, Information Technology, Gender and Women Studies, Economics and other related Arts subjects.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrate interest in the advancement of women in any sphere of development.
- Must ably demonstrate how they will apply their skills to the advancement of women’s rights.
- Should have some workable knowledge of IT.
- Be willing work as a team
Both female and male candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested individuals should send their applications, including their curriculum vitae and copies of academic documents to:
The Executive Director
Uganda Women’s Network (UWONET)
Plot 198 Old Kira Road Ntinda
P.O.Box 27991, Kampala Uganda
Or on email to email@example.com
Applications should be sent by close of business on 31 January 2013