UWONET specifically seeks three National and international (non Ugandan) graduates aged 20-30 years to join the 2012 Internship Programme. UWONET‘s programme lasts for a period of 9 months. This Programme is innovative and exciting thus providing opportunities for mentoring, learning and networking. Its objective is to develop and enhance young people’s skills in leadership, lobbying and advocacy, programme management, analysis, research and documentation, information management, website maintenance, resource center management and more importantly ground the students in development work, Gender and Women’s rights. The programme also provides young professionals with the opportunity to gain hands on experiences in working within a civil society organisation. With the aim of empowering and preparing the young professionals particularly to support the women’s movement and development. At the end of the internship programme, each intern is expected to produce a research report, based on their experience related to UWONET’s work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support and assist in day to day running of programmes
- Daily indexing of SGBV cases in the printing media
- Attending meetings and conferences on behalf of the organisation
- Proposal and concept note development
- Writing and analysis of field and project reports.
- Support the management of the UWONET Resource center
Experience, skills & competencies
No experience is required for this position.
- Candidates must at least a Bachelors Degree from a recognised university
- Must be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrate interest in the advancement of women in any sphere of development.
- Must ably demonstrate how they will apply their skills to the advancement of women’s rights.
- Should have some workable knowledge of IT.
- Be willing to work as a team
Interested individuals should send their applications, including their curriculum vitae and copies of academic documents to:
The Executive Director
Uganda Women’s Network (UWONET)
Plot 198 Old Kira Road Ntinda
P.O.Box 2799, Kampala Uganda
Or on email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent by close of business on 16th February 2012
N:B Both male and Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.